Thursday, January 23, 2014

Starting off...

Hello! 

This is my first attempt at a blog or sharing so much information about myself so I am a bit overwhelmed and not sure on what I should do, or where to start...

You may ask why am I attempting this? Well in one month from today I will be turning 30, and just a week ago if I said that I would have cringed or gotten upset at the idea. I am not sure what clicked inside me, but I just decided to not be upset about hitting this landmark age and take it as a stepping stone to move on to a better future and stronger me!

Where I am and where I 'thought' I should be...

I am currently single after an eight year relationship. I actually move to Georgia from Michigan to be with my ex, and I thought we would be together forever in the beginning; but life had different plans. We had regular relationship problems (and some), and once I realized that things were never going to move forward... well I should say on my third attempt of breaking up, I finally found the strength to get out of the relationship.  

The first few months after were EXTREMELY difficult, I started questioning my decision and feeling sorry for myself. Why aren't you married now? All your friends have kids, are you ever going to have a family of your own? You wasted so much of your life and have nothing to show for it?

But I soon started telling myself, so what?! Why are you worried about what everyone else thinks is the normal, or what other people think about your situation... I needed to just live my life the way I wanted to. This life does not come with a set of guidelines or rules we have to follow, so why was I so worried about living up to some standard?

So I decided to live on and go through the situations I have never experienced, simple things like living on my own or going to the movies by myself. These things may seem trivial, but I soon realized I am not the only one who has had to go through this... so why not share these experiences and discuss them with others? Let others share their experiences while I share mine, what a great way to relieve stress and open up about what we are feeling!

So, here we go....

2 comments: