Friday, January 24, 2014

Motivation!

Such a generic topic for a fitness and lifestyle change I know, but was inspired...and yes MOTIVATED by a post I saw today.



So what motivated me to start this journey? I admit after going through my breakup (starting to recognize where my life change began yet...) my motivation for getting healthier was not a great one, and I am embarrassed thinking back at it. I wanted to get healthier and look great to show my ex what he would be missing; but then I soon realized this idea was ridiculous. Not only because of the fact I broke up with him (face palm for that one), but being motivated for this reason kept me with lingering negative feelings and holding on to the past I was trying to get over.

Yet another one of my goals is to not regret my decisions or past errors, and to grow from them and try to find the positive. So even though my motivation was illogical it did get me off my butt in the beginning, and then I started to enjoy how I was feeling after working out or eating healthy. The process soon became something for my benefit and not someone else.

Well this pushed me through for awhile but I started to slip, I am not the most self-motivated person and I am a BIG procrastinator. I soon realized until this lifestyle became an everyday thing I needed support, and I went looking for it. 

This may seem weak, but I think everyone knows themselves and their limits. I know that right now I am not the strongest person I can be, not just physically but mentally; so the support helps me reach my goal of a greater me!

Here is a huge thank you to all my supporters; family, friends near and far, the communities on here, and my new Martial Arts family because without all of you I feel like I would still be treading water instead of moving on. 

'Just keep swimming... just keep swimming...'

5 comments:

  1. As you are doing this I find that I would have never begun to think that you were a person who would be in doubt of the past choices you have made , but as I see this blog happening I see a different Jess with a large positive direction. Keep your direction and the best that will come out of this is the direction that YOU want to achive. No looking back .... A new begining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much JR, I have always tried to stay positive but for a long time it was only a front. I am just now again starting to feel it for real and it is making me a happier person overall.

      Delete
    2. Keep Swimming....that's a fish for ya!

      Delete
  2. Okay look at me on FB, posting on Blogs! Who do I have to thank for all of this?

    ReplyDelete